Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Has the new movie Batman the dark knight completely ruined the Batman concept?

I saw this movie , it was not for kids at all. The Batman theme and concept has just lost all respect from me. I will never see a another Batman movie again. It ruined everything about Batman that I loved. Do you feel this movie has ruined Batman?Has the new movie Batman the dark knight completely ruined the Batman concept?
not everyone knows this, but comic books were not origionally intended for kids. just because something is animated doesn't mean it's for kids. i'm sure you know that now, with shows like family guy and south park. these characters in these movies (x-men, batman, etc) were meant for older kids, and young adult entertainment. if you'll notice, the two tim burton batman movies (batman, batman returns) were fairly dark, and not very kid friendly for the era. then joel schumacher (batman forever, batman %26amp; robin) cheesed it up and made two light-hearted batman movies that are now considered by most people the worst of all the batman movies. enter christopher nolan. his two movies are much darker and young adult oriented. but who knows, 15 years from now, they will probably be considered ok for kids.
batman has never been for kids. you'd rather have a campy batman? i saw this film and its incredible. ledger deserves an oscar for his performance. well, i'll respect your opinion but i do not believe batman is ruined, in fact, he's better then ever. sorry you didn't enjoy the film.Has the new movie Batman the dark knight completely ruined the Batman concept?
I can understand where you are coming from. I never read the comic books when I was little but have read Harry Potter. Although Harry Potter and Batman are no where near the same the concept of the orignial idea being turned around is. I think perhaps Batman now is different because society is different. Yeah kids do not need to see a pencil being shoved in a persons head. They are not making the movies for kids now. They are making the movies because they once were kids and read the comic and now want to make the movie as if it were happening now. Things are different now, things are rougher and everyone is seeing more violence. The Batman is still good, he still saves the citizens and fights the bad guys.

I thought the movie was amazing. I also can understand her frustrations. Try looking at the movie from just a movie stand point and not something that is trying to copy or reproduce the comic.
I think that if u do a comic movie that looks like a cartoon .. why do it ? I think a movie have to show how this characters or situations could be in real life ... so I guess in real life Joker would be not for kids ...!! so if u want cartoons .. watch cartoons .. comics are not all for kids .. neither movies based on comics ..!!Has the new movie Batman the dark knight completely ruined the Batman concept?
the latest films are much closer to the original plotlines, check out http://www.lemonshell.com/comics/batmand鈥?/a>



and you will see what I mean!
I agree at least that the whole bit about "I'll be whatever Gotham needs me to be, even a villain" or whatever is stupid. He is supposed to be a hero. They've taken that away from Batman. But the rest was fine with me.
No, not at all. This movie wasn't made for kids. That's why it was rated PG-13, duh. This movie, in my opinion, was focused more on the Joker than Batman. And if you look at the Joker he is a very dark very insane character who enjoys seeing people in pain. Batman tries to overtake that insanity. He does what is needed even if it's not fun or nice. Batman isn't sugarcoated or covered in sprinkles, he is a true hero who does what is right even if it causes him to look like the villain. That's what a hero really is, a hero isn't someone who pulls people out of rubble or ties up a bad guy, a hero is someone who will sacrifice everything to do the right thing. Heroes that just do "good" things are so superficial, they mean nothing, and they aren't real heroes.
Part of what has allowed Batman to endure all of these years has been constant reinvention of the character to fit the times. Everyone has their own idea of the best rendition of the character. Although this isn't my favorite version of Batman, I still thought the movie was great. I agree that the movie is not at all suitable for young children (even though I can't walk through a department store without tripping over displays of Dark Knight toys.) The bottom line is that I think Batman will continue to evolve as the times change and will still be around years from now in one version or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment