Friday, March 9, 2012

What did you think of the New Batman Movie "The Dark Knight"?

I saw it and HATED it!!!

I just didn't understand it, didn't get it. I am not a Batman fan or a comic book fan for that, but I loved XMen, Spiderman and the best for last, Superman, and I know nothing about them but found them so entertaining. So it just me? Do you feel that the movie explained nothing about the characters unless you knew a ton about them already?What did you think of the New Batman Movie "The Dark Knight"?
I haven't seen it yet....



I guess you have to be a comic freak to enjoy such a movie.





I'm a HUGE one, but I'll see if it's worth looking at!
Well, the only characters the movie needed to explain was the Joker and Two Face. Batman, Gordon, Rachel, and everyone else was explained in the first movie. Im not trying to insult you or anything, but the reason you found the other movies so interesting is because the characters all have some sort of imaginary power that is really fun to watch on screen. For example, I don't know anything about the XMEN but i enjoyed it because who doesn't want to watch a movie where one of the main characters has crazy claws coming out of his hands? lol. Batman does not have superpowers or anything fancy to display on the screen besides his gadgets and his cars. He has to rely on regular human ability, which is why some people thought the movie was so good. Plus if you don't like the story, then there is no reason to watch it at all. However, i thought the story was pretty good, and if i were you Id give it another shot, but watch Batman Begins (the first movie) so it would help you understand what's what.



And yeah I agree - Batman's voice was annoying at times.What did you think of the New Batman Movie "The Dark Knight"?
some people like you just can't understand the qualities of a good movie. The dark knight did not have an epic battle at the end, but it did prove that batman was not just a character placed to entertain you t, but he was a real hero. The film had a fairly deep and complex plot, the qualitities that go into a good movie. Also the movie Batman Begins gave plenty of information about the motives and backround of Bruce Wayne. The Dark Night did a fantastic job of creating a situation of desperation that only Batman could fix.
I thought it was an excellent movie but I do know alot about Batman and the Joker as well as two face who is also in this film.

My major criticism is that the movie was too long, about half an hour too long. There were a couple of parts that were not necessary. They were not relevant to the current film or helpful in filling in the blanks.

I would encourage you to see it again after seeing Batman begins so you can learn the story and make more sense of it all. I do think it helps to have a basic understanding of the film or comic to get full enjoyment out of it but I did really enjoy it.What did you think of the New Batman Movie "The Dark Knight"?
Well I have to disagree with you I saw it and I loved it! But I'm a girl and it's obvious girls don't read comics that often and don't really pay attention to superheros. Even with all that said I still understood everything about the characters. And trust me I know far from "tons" about the characters. Anyways maybe you just over all didn't like the movie.
Yeah i know its hard. But i think movies that provoke tough may be a little to challenging for you. I think its better to go finish high school then see this movie.



SUPERMAN SPIDERMAN and those were superhero movies, this was not exactly a superhero movie since batman did become sort of the bad guy in the end to save the city.



EDIT: "It pist me off too and what pist me off the most was that they didn't stay with the dialog!!!!!!!!!!"

YOU SEE UR BRAIN IS SIMMALER TO THIS GUY THATS WHY U DIDNT ENJOY THE MOVIE.
hmmm i understand. I understood it b/c i'm a batman fan but i can see where you wouldn't understand it. Its like Pirates of the Caribbean 3 . That movie was extremely confusing. But once i watched it again i understood it. I think that you should watch it again. The movie is really worth it. The acting is great. So you should watch it again maybe wait so it can be in blockbuster
it is the best movie of the year. ledger's joker is better then nicholosn's and hamill's. mark hamill played the joker on the animated batman series. that one scene with ledger outside of the hospital was very creepy. ledger's joker is alos the scariest. he had mutiple stories on how he got his scars.
Wait a sec...

You loved X-Men..

Then you love Spiderman

And then you love Superman

But not Batman????

THe Dark Knight was simply the greatest superhero filcks and one of the best movies ever. On IMDB's Top 250 Movies list it was #1. Even greater than The Godfather. See hoe good? Im respecting your opionion, but please

DO NOT TROLL.

thanks.
Your probably to young to really understand it because it good good reviews by the box office. Its just the origins of the true crusader are hard to understand. I'm not even a comic fan.
Ok, you loved Spiderman and you hated Batman?



Because you're not into comics, I'm going to guess you're really young and naive and yes you just didn't get it.
Really? I liked it. I think that it was Joker that made the movie what it was. He gave a great performance and was kinda freaky looking and wierd. I loved it! lol

Sorry you did it enjoy it!
yeah.. you'd have to be pretty into the comics to understand a lot of it. I liked it alot except for Batman's voice and mask. The mask looks out of proportion.
It pist me off too and what pist me off the most was that they didn't stay with the dialog!!!!!!!!!!
One word "AMAZING"!!!
I didn't understand what was happening most of the time...
Too much hype...a real let down. Good visual effects and the highest grossing film for a week-end run. Didn't like it.
One of the best movies ever. Fantastic storyline, great acting, etc.
I totally agree with you. My sister and I thought the movie was awful. My husband and brother in law thought it was great.
its just you..
i didnt see it sorry
ok, they didn't sit there and give you a straight up bio of all the characters. It took some concentration. However, it wasn't hard to see that this movie wasn't focused on the surface story of good vs. evil. It was much deeper than that. It was about the nature of people. For example, Batman/Bruce is a character that is doing what is best for the city. This is clear at the end when he tells Gordon to report he killed the people that Harvey/2 face did so the criminals would stay in prison. In contrast to the Harvey was someone who appeared to be looking out for the city, but his true nature was that he was focused more on himself and his emotions. The Joker is very different. The Joker wants to expose this true nature. He gives people the choice to do the right thing or to do what will help themselves. Like the fairies for instance. He thought that people would quickly decide to save themselves, however they hesitated. And then one of the passengers on the civilian boat said one of the best lines in the movie, "If we're still here that means they haven't pushed it (the detonator)", this leads to both boats not pressing it and the Joker losing there. Another example is when he is convincing Harvey to go after the people that caused Rachel to die. He is feeding off of the pain Harvey is going through to convince him to do the wrong thing and retaliate. Harvey does and the Joker wins in the situation.

This movie wasn't about the individual "characters". It was about the "character's" character. Not so much focused on the back-story and history of the individuals, but about what kind of person they were, whether the were selfish or selfless. That's just my opinion though. Think what you want but in my mind the meaning was allot deeper than what most people pick up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment